* It is Spring and my heart is jubilant!
* Been trying to find a spot for tomatoes to grow. It needed the sun, but not the sprinklers, no horses but still close enough for the hose to reach. Walla, here it is, rocks, orchard grass, and sprinkler pipes, perfect. I am going to coax them into growing. I can taste the sweet juice dribbling down my chin.
*We castrated three poor little boy horses yesterday and pulled out their wolf teeth. They crashed to the ground after a shot and couldn't believe what hit them when they woke up. My job was to brush like crazy while they were asleep and get all the winter matted hair off them. Several times they would jump and kick and scare the willies out of me.
* The fields are green and beautiful. We are in the thick of watering. I love the early mornings and evening outside. Wallsburg is a gift.
*". . .for he that will love life, and see good days. . .let hiim seek peace." 1 Peter 3:9-11
*It is Mother's Day. These are flowers from Marion's Funeral. Last night they sat at the end of my bed with candles. I can't bear to give them up. I have been carrying around Marion's purse, all pink with sparkles. I am trying to drink in some of her happiness. She was a lady of abundance. The women at her rest home are wearing her clothes and I am sure they are smiling, remembering her.
* I am so happy and blessed this day! I love my children they have brought me a flood of joy.
* I have been grumpy with Tom and for that I am sorry. Today is a new day and I am going to do better.
*"The angels this world needs most are the mortal kind, married to each other, living together in grace." Wayne Brickey
*This morning I rejoice in Emilee's Birthday. What a beautiful, energetic child. I love her. I loved working on her school shadow box. I think she got best in her class. She has amazing grades, a flock of boys that are her best friends, and the most amazing thick hair. Happy Birthday Em, hope Disneyland celebrated with you!
*Bret is driving as Nicole takes pictures of Katy and Julia preforming tricks in motion. I love the arms around these two friends. They have always been so close. I loved that these two plus Tyler spent the night. Katy is so full of life, basketball, skiing, whispering secrets under the sheets and taking care of Kenta. Katy I love you!
* Today is Saturday and it is going to warm. I want to feed and brush the horses with Tom.
* I am excited the kids are coming up tomorrow.
* I watched the edges of the mountains to the north turn pink early this morning, so inspiring.
* This week in the baptistery there was a 15 year old girl that was blind getting baptised for family names. After they were finished she said, Wait, we still have one more lady and her name is Kathryn. I can see her standing there. Sure enough the cards had been stuck together and there was one more name, Kathryn. Tom is loving the baptistery and I am loving him!
*. . ."and they both saw and heard these children; yea even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things. . . 3 Nephi 26:16
*Shawn is almost drifting off to sleep. I'm thinking he was making a snow angel but really he is a snow angel. His tiny fingers on the I Pad amaze me. He could read long before Kindergarten. His little brain races ahead of us all. There are big things in store in his life, and I get a front row seat. How lucky is that.
*Yesterday was Valentines. I got a hug from Abbie and Lucy, ate a cookie from Kim's Valentine dinner and talked on the phone with her, a text from Jamie, watched a game of Jenny's and talked with Bret and Nicole, a text conversation with Matt, a smile from Margie and one whole day in the temple with Tom. These are the best of times for me. I am the happiest of the happy.
*This morning I have been studying the book "Come, Let Us Adore Him" my brain is racing.
*"Behold the Lamb of God." John 1:29
*Carol Bradshaw says that Tyler is the finest young man she has ever met. I have to agree. Tyler is golden, patient, kind, and brilliant. He always tells me of his new ideas and I love that. He can whip up a tastie breakfast in a snap. He received a welder for Christmas. What a fun new challenge for him. I love it when Tyler comes to Wallsburg!
*Mom needs things to do. I must take her a journal with magazines, scissors and glue. I wish we lived next door to each other.
*I am the new trainer at the temple. We just got five new ladies Thursday to add to the three we already had. It is so great to watch them want to learn. Cute Gaila from Heber has to act everything out. She is so serious. We go into the Living Initiatory Booth to practice and I love looking in to their determine, hopeful eyes. Tom is working in the Baptistery. . .my dearest blessing. I pray that his back will hold up for him.
*Tom challenged me yesterday to learn to take control of my mind when I wake up at night afraid for Matt. Sleep always leaves me...maybe this is simply something I can control?
*"The best way to eliminate unbelief (which may simply old habits or thinking) is to prayerfully, with divine help, reclaim control of our thinking and reshape it according to faith-inspired truth."
*Oh how I love this beautiful child turned lovely young women. Just yesterday Jenny was a soft smiling toddler with the biggest dimples. How time flies. It has been so much fun watching Jenny play basketball for Provo High. I love her cute friends. I will always remember this day she came tubing at Wallsburg. Jenny you make me smile!
* I am grateful this snowy night for our warm bedroom. Tom is sound asleep and I am so lucky to have him. As we get older we seem to move more in rhythm. He is kind to Margie and I so appreciate that!
* We had a lucky Saturday where we got to see Katy and Max play ball. Such energy. Max's feet are hurting him. I wish we could magically let him sleep for a month and let his body catch up on the miles and miles he runs.
* I am indexing again and it feels good.
* Tomorrow is the Sabbath
* I spent one whole afternoon making Valentines. . . pure delight.
* Just had a bowl of cereal and I am content with the world.
* "The light of Christ is the fountain of truth that feeds, clothes, and gives light and intelligence to all people, all discoveries and inventions."
* Just shoveled the front walk, it is a crystal cold morning. Everything is white and elegant.
* Diane and Paul stayed with us for a week while Diane had serious eye surgery. We have laughed and cried and ice packed. For the second time she had surgery and we were so afraid her eye wasn't going to ever work right. But hooray for cute doctor Cook, he says everything is working right and it just needs time to heal. Thank you thank you!
* Tom and I just finished reading Visions of Glory by John Pontius. Oh My Amazing! I love it when Tom reads. I dreaded the book to end.
*"Come unto me, O ye Gentiles, and I will show you the greater things, the knowledge which is hid up because of unbelief." Ether 4:13
* Kelly has these most gorgeous poppies over her bed. The colors are so gorgeous. The delicate stems hold those heavy drooping blossoms. I love it!
* Diane and Paul have been staying with us after her eye surgery. She has been so miserable. I pray things will work out for her!
* Tom's back is hurting... hope is doesn't last.
* Marion is struggling with her heart. Tomorrow we will go see her and take Matt to Jim's.
* I went for a 3 wheeler ride in the sun today.
* Kade is getting ready to go pass the sacrament with his basketball in his hand. I love him! He is such a good basketball player, so unselfish, passing when he has an easy basket. He loves to hold baby MacLynn. I hope everyone will survive this weekend as they move to their new beautiful house. Wish I was there to help!
* Tom and I are reading the book Visions of Glory every night. It reminds me of the nights in Arizona when we read together. He is working at the temple with me, and he is liking it. It is so nice to have him drive down the canyon in snow storms. He looks so handsome in white. I sneak down to the baptistery just to watch him through the glass. He is my love.
* Finished Fire of the Covenant and had book club last night.
* We are praying for Matt
*Diane is coming to stay tonight. She has a growth in her head that they are checking. Oh how I hope is not serious!
*Visited Marion yesterday and three of us cried, those good cries.
*"For they shall see eye to eye, when the Lord shall bring again Zion. " Isaiah 52:7
For me Spring has always felt like the beginning of a new year. On this April afternoon I am beginning a resolution to record the things I am thankful for each day. Kim has inspired me to do this, and I gladly follow her lead. I believe that when we know that each night we must record the things we a grateful for, we become more aware. Our hearts pay attention better. We can relish the simple moments that are sacred. More times in a day, we can say an honest "Thank You!"
I am a Wallsburg Grandma in love with a Wallsburg Grandpa. My family is my dearest thought. A sunrise on Prayer Rock is my most cherished time of the day. Laughter is my favorite sound. Grandma my favorite word. Gratitude is my every breath.