The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Watch Out!

If I ever think I am a little too smart for my pants.... watch out! Thursday morning I headed to the temple in  my new skirt with my new sandals thinking life was mighty fine. In the Harmon's parking lot I proceeded to walk out of my skirt and slip thinking something must be wrong with these new shoes..... dang, everything in a big knot around my shoes. An older man tried not to laugh out loud and I didn't dare look any farther. Kim fixed me up with a new skirt and safety pins. Friday, Mom had a heart attack and it has been down hill ever since. She has been so sick. She wakes in the night so confused and lost. Last night she thought there was a stranger living in her room. We talked for a long time. She couldn't remember where she lived. So I described her condo and Jamestown. She kept saying, "O thank you for helping me remember." She asked " Where do they send you at Jamestown if you can't keep up?" It broke my heart. I wonder if she has been going to all her activities because she thinks if she can't keep up with all of them they will put her in the Alshiemers Ward. She is so innocent, just like a toddler. She is constantly cold. We have the heat cranked up and the electric blanket on high, thermals and big pink socks, and I warm her with the hair dryer too. I just checked her and she was going through the drawers looking for her key....she didn't want to be locked out of her room. "Mom you are home and you don't need a key." oh my heart, "Archie where are you?" We flew down the canyon this morning to meet Matt and hand him his suit case full of supplies for the next two months. Oh my prayers have been answered. I hope. He had Dad spent a teary conversation on Monday night. Some pretty heavy promises were made. I love how our family all came together in prayer and fasting and phone calls. Such dear children, I am blessed. Matt says to tell everyone he loves them. Tonight I am tired and very humbled. No fancy pants for me! I like this dirty sweat shirt and watering boots I have on right now. I like helping Dad change the water and putting Grandma to bed. Thank you Lord for simple blessing!

1 comment:

  1. You made me and my kids day when you walked through the door and reinacted the whole skirt story. We are so glad you shared it with us! My kids still laugh about how great that was:) Everyone is so lucky to be loved by you. Grandma, Matt, and each one of us!!!! I hope you are holding up. I pray that you will find added strength and peace everyday. I love you!

    ReplyDelete