The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

* What a grand Thanksgiving we have had! I have so much to be thankful for!
* The Heaps filled the house with laughter.
* We danced to Jenny's music long into the night.
* We spent a night in Salt Lake. Went to the Mall Food Court and all the men died when they saw all the people. Jason saved us by leaning us to the tram where we rode to the Rio Grand Station to a Mexican Restaurant. We had to walk a few blocks past a homeless shelter. There were people sleeping on the street. The kids held on tight to our hands and we all felt a sadness that lingers. The bathrooms were filled with spooks or so we heard. The food came fast and it was hot and good. We returned to the Marriott to swim, and the hot tub reminded us of a few unpleasant smells, but the kids didn't seem to notice. Some of the best memories are the unexpected crazy ones. I love my family!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the perfect Thanksgiving! Your house was decorated so cute! I loved the candles on the table and your tree! I loved your deliciouis pumpkin pie, the dancing, and the fire! And Salt Lake is always the highlight of my kids Christmas! It was great to have the Heaps there. I love you!

    ReplyDelete