The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Memories

* Last night was a perfect Sunday night. Tom and I spent time in Bret's home. There were yummy smells, calm children with great big hugs. Bret and Nic were cutting up strawberries for New Beginnings together. It makes me so happy to see their service to their ward. We talked of Matt, and our hopes.
* The Miller Home was filled with black karate bodies performing, Abbie's proud announcement that she new all the states and capitols, Lucy running as fast as lightening, Emilee's new running shoes that are going to carry her across many finish lines, Max and Jason's new hair cuts, little Jayne limp as a noodle with a fever, heavy on Kim's chest, but heavy concern for Kim's back. My fear of forgetting comes to the surface every time I realise I missed out on long periods of time when I forget to ask. Kim will you please help me by calling me and counting me as your best friend. I want to know. I am so grateful for your gratitude journal, in a few seconds I can get the feel of your life. I love your honesty. I can feel you close with your words. I think I just need one of Grandma's signs reminding me to visit your journal. I want to Pay attention and stay close.
* "The quality of life is in proportion, always to the capacity for delight, the capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention."

No comments:

Post a Comment