The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The nest

We found five robin blue, tiny eggs in a nest by the barn. By night a tremendous storm developed. Tom and I normally sleep spread out in out bed, but as the night became wild, we snuggled closer and closer. The big heavy hutch on the back porch that Tom and Jamie made for Matt for Christmas blew over in a mighty crash, we moved closer. The electricity went out, and the house became cold. The wind and rain didn't seize. A giant cottonwood tree blew over and took out the electricity lines, by now we are were snuggled as tight as possible. We woke to a dark snow day, with no telephone, water, no lights or warmth. I climbed over the fence with a bucket to scoop water out of the pond to flush the toilet. I am thankful for the pond, for a toilet, a stored water bottle, two layers of clothing and a coat. I am thankful for Tom. He always makes me feel safe.I am thankful for this beautiful Wallsburg Nest we have created. At night we said a oh so thankful prayer. Thank you for the many things I take for granted.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things. . ." Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment