The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fear Not


*This dark cold morning I am watching the sky lighten, the snow has covered the hills and it is moving slowly down to the valley. It is always hard to give up the fall. I wonder why I fear the winter? I know driving down to the temple on slick roads is a big part, looking at Tom's eyes as he gets cabin fever is another, and trying to keeping this big home heated. I want to turn this around and look for the positive. I remember one night Debbie Nelson said with such enthusiasm I love winter! She is one of the joys in my life. I too can look for things to love about winter.
*This day I am thankful for a roof, warm blankets and a hair drying to warm the sheets.
*I am thankful for the windows to watch the storms swirl around us.
* I am thankful for the crispness of winter walks.
* I am thinking of Nicole's and Shawn's first snowman. He was about one foot tall with a snow cap as big as he was. They had collected most of the snow on the lawn for their first attempt.
*I am making stars to lighten our bedroom.
*I am thinking of Thanksgiving and a house full of family.
*". . . behold I will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all. . ." 1 Nephi 1:20

No comments:

Post a Comment