The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hot Dog

* I have been trying to download a picture for a month now with no luck, and then like magic one works. It is the dumbest feeling to be confused with all this technology. Tom and I sit at the TV and just laugh because we can't figure it out. I just need a live in grandchild. Yes I would love that!
* We are heading to Lake Powell this afternoon with Jim and Judy, and Dave and Lisa. I am so excited! Haven't been to Powell for 15 years. Tom is dragging his feet and he may still bail. We will just have to see. I have a sore throat and I ache, bummer. But I feel confident and I will be brand new in the morning.
* Up the street is a little grove of trees where the leaves are light pink and gold. Just the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. I visit there several times a day. It seems to quiet my soul like nothing else. I even got Tom to come there once with me. When I get out in nature I am content with Wallsburg. Don't know why but winter always brings a lump in my throat. The house gets cold and Tom gets restless.  I must try to make things warm and happy.
* Bret goes in for surgery tomorrow on his shoulder. I pray things will go good for him. He has been hurting for a long time and not complaining about it. I have a good feeling things will be fine and he will feel better. Hope he is sleeping. Matt's knees are killing him. Kim has a crumbie test, and Kelly is still pregnant sick. Heck what is the deal?
* Conference is coming and I am holding my breath. It always goes way too fast. I want to be filled.
* Just finished Stephanie's book Heaven Is Here. What an amazing lady. I will never feel the same way about pain again. How she could go through a pregnancy getting so darn sick and already in so much pain, and not being able to take pain pills is more than I can imagine. I love how her family pulled together and cared her heavy load together. I hope our family would do the same.
*Connie Stratton's husband Mike died, and then her Dad died this week. My heart won't quit thinking about her.
* I love this picture! "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. . . surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.: Psalms 23:6

1 comment:

  1. I love a new post from you! I can help you anytime with your computer. I'm not that great with it but I should be able to help you load a picture. I'm so glad you are in Lake Powell! I keep thinking of you and hope that you are having a great time! I love you!

    ReplyDelete