The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Milk and Honey

* Many days seem so normal but the last few have been so rich for me. Stake Conference filled an empty place in my heart. Sitting next to Tom and listening to Sister Beck, Elder Holland and Elder Packard was better than Christmas. President Holland said we should nourish our spiritual and physical health to be prepared for what lies ahead. Pray more, ponder more, call down personal revelation, bare simple and deep testimonies.We must conform our will to His. We will be safe and secure in God's love. He will pour out blessing upon us. We can become equal to the task. I felt like I went to conference empty handed and came away with milk and honey.
* We had a dinner last night for our temple shift's coordinators and their partners. Dear Brother Smedly, who I loved the first moment I met him, has given 900 patriarchal blessings. Goodness just radiates from him. Tom and Clyde Argyle checked out all of Tom's horses. Clyde is my favorite too. He has been a bishop, and a bishop at the MTC, and a temple worker. Whenever I am around him it is as good as eating toast with butter and honey. I want to learn to serve without fear, but only with love like they do.
*We moved Matt out of Bret's house yesterday, felling so discouraged about how to help him. Then Bret showed up and changed everything. We moved him back in. I have been praying for someone to come into Matt's life that could make a difference, maybe that someone is Bret. Bret I love you! Thank you.
* "Come unto me all ye ends of the earth,buy milk and honey, without money and without price." 2 Nephi 26:25

No comments:

Post a Comment