The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christms Morning

* "And she brought forth her first born Son and wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in manger; because there was no room for them in the inn." Luke 2:7
* Christmas is here the morning is quiet. I couldn't sleep all last night just thinking of the grand Christmas Eve we had at Bret's home.
* We ice skated at 7 Peaks. They had these little walkers the younger kids and myself could push around. It took all the fear out of falling, because you couldn't.Tyler kept his eyes out and would bring us more when people were finished with them. Little Lucy was so darling. Dad thought she looked like Bambi learning to walk. Her left leg would cross back behind her right leg. But she was a trooper and in the end she could out skate us all. and Nic's house was so homey and beautiful. We had wreaths on the chairs, candles on the tables, Christmas Coloring Books for the kids. The food was Fabulous! Nic had a Christmas Book for both families, which we all signed, that told the nativity story from the Scriptures. The art work was my favorite.Bret had a fire blazing. Sharing of gifts was so comfortable!

* Matt called and my heart wanted to reach through the phone and hug the tar out of him. I hope he can somehow teach his body to sleep! My feelings are tied to his feelings, always.
*Kelly sent her so loved book of family pictures. . . always the best. Bret and Nicloe gave us a movie going pop corn popper, and new movies to boot. We need to have a few movie nights. Kim gave me the dearest gift! My gratitude journal in book form. I had wanted to make one but didn't have a clue how to go about it. It is big enough for me to write in and use as a journal. I know why I love it so much. I have a giant fear of forgetting everything. I don't ever like to say it out loud for fear it might happen sooner. I think when I can go back and hold on to a book and read about the things that I love (my family and the gospel)it will help me remember. Organization is my greatest challenge. My closets, the art room and my brain tends to always be cluttered, and confusing. But I am going to prevail! When Dad wakes up we still have two presents under the tree to open from Jamie and Matt. Jamie has the gift of doing all the bussel of Christmas with ease. I want to learn that from her!
* Merry Christmas Dear Family. You are all my everyday gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment