The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Dispare

* Last night I witnessed everything that life should not be about, family visiting hours at the County Jail. The jail filled up with broken families. Children with the deep dark liquid eyes, mothers that were exhausted. I watched a grandma hold up a baby so that a mother could look through the glass at it. Confused children wondering why their dad couldn't reach through the glass and hold them. There was a feeling of overwhelming heartache Everyone looked tired, dirty, poor, cold, and sad. There was fighting, swearing, and crying. Tom met a young mother with four children, trying to hold a job down because her husband had lost his job and would be in jail for a long time. What will become of these forgotten children? I wonder if ever in all my life I will get the picture of last night out of my mind? I understand better now why the Savior wants to help us carry our heavy loads.
* "My presence will go with thee, and I will give thee rest." Exdos 33:14

No comments:

Post a Comment