The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

The Lord has two homes: Heaven and a Grateful Heart.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lillies of the Valley

* I have tried to grow Lilly of the Valley but have never succeeded. I want to know their secret. I think they smell luscious, I must smell next time. I like the white tiny bells against the heavy waxy leaves.
* Linda got the Hondorous Temple. She met the architect for the Rome temple while installing the San Salvador murals. They talked of a garden room mural and the marriage of Adam and Eve. He loved the idea. She came home wanting to paint figures this summer to practice up for Rome. She ordered material to study about Michael Angelo and his art in Rome. I remember being in such awe in the Sistine Chapel so many years ago. Then she got a call to paint an old sketch she did for a temple that was not accepted. . . the garden room, for the Spokane Temple. She thinks it is a tender mercy. Here I am again, trying to decide, but my heart wants to jump on board. The paint will be here next week, ready to mix for two temples. Linda has shingles and she is so sick. With each temple comes Satans discouragement.
* Today we got more snow. . . so deep. Tomorrow I need to be at the temple at 7:00 for a meeting with temple presidency.
* Tom's back is finally starting to feel better. We feed the horses together. Each taking an end of the bale of hay. Our hay is only going to last a few more weeks. I haven't seen any little green shoots yet.
"My belief is that the greatest art seeks after the glory of God above all else."Emilee Dyches

No comments:

Post a Comment